Sunday, July 29, 2012

Two M4MM Projects



I have two M4MM projects to share today:

1. Lightweight foldable whiteboard made from a foam board presentation thingy and "dry erase" contact paper.
2. Display stand/holder for whiteboard, blackboard, whatever.

WHITEBOARD (Project #1):

  • I purchased the foam presentation board and dry erase Con-tact paper at different stores.  The dry erase paper is hard to find!  I found it at Beckers in Watchung, NJ (Route 22).
  • Simply cut and attach the paper to the board.  Although I goofed up a couple times so my board is not perfect.  The Con-tact paper will attach permanently to the foam board so removing air bubbles is almost impossible.  
  • If I were to do this project again, I would not use the foam board.  It was very difficult to get it covered properly.

STAND MADE FROM 1" PVC PIPE (Project #2):

I bought all the supplies I needed at Home Depot.  Total cost, about $25.  This doesn't include the spray paint I used, so about $30.

1" PVC Pipe and Fittings

No, it's not going to be a marshmallow shooter!

Finished Frame/Stand
Finished Frame/Stand with whiteboard
It's pretty light and pretty strong!  I left some of the pieces unglued so I can change it if I need to.  This was my first attempt and I am sure I'll need to change it.

Finished: Before paint
Finished: Being painted


I took video as I made this thing.

3 comments:

  1. Anthony, sweet stand! I really like it. Hmm, thinking now about how easy it was. Must control urge to go to home depot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the foam core board! I'm just bad with contact paper :)

    The chart stand turned out so nice!! Very very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool... I think all your students are going to want you to make them their own! Thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete